Ruby Ragnarok Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruby Ragnarok Online

Super High Rate PvP Server

+2
Freya
Quikshadow
6 posters

Getting more Players...

Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Getting more Players... Empty Getting more Players...

Post  Quikshadow Sun May 03, 2009 11:06 am

Alright so I made this short guide on how to get more RubyRO players. Now this doesn't apple to everyone, but I still
    recommend reading it. I'll have helpful advice that could be taken a bit more on the edgy side, but remember, it's a suggestion
    not an insult.

Let's start with the players:
    Alright all RubRO players...
    To start off, I've been noticing the amount of swearing there's been on the server. And there's been a lot. Especially when the
    GM's aren't on. Remember people, REPORT. If a player is spamming offensive comments all around, remember to post in the forums.
    The GM's are sure to look at it.

Also, players have to use less offensive language when a newbie is around. This can cause the player to become unsteady or
    regret joining the server and he/she will write a bad review on it. It's not only the GM's job to help out new players, but it's
    also the experienced players to help out. I also recommend trying to use helpful words/comments like "Way to go" or "Good job"
    or when you're helping a player "Here, follow me, I'll show you."

And when PvPing, there's always a clash of teaming. In my opinion, if you team on a player once, that's ok. If the player asks you
    to stop, you should respect them and stop. Continuous teaming can also offend/annoy the player, causing more worse remarks
    about the good server.

And for the GM's:

Activity. Activity. Activity. Activity. I can't stress how important Activity is on a server. Having different gm's from different
    timezones would/should increase amount of events, bring more players. Activity on the forums is also a huge plus. When
    a player sees that the website forums has a lot of activity on it, they'll want to join.

Monitoring PvP is a huge plus also. Keeping a close eye on the players will help to see who/what/where/when/ and why something's
    happening. Like teaming or offensive comments.

Events. You have to have a lot of events. This'll bring a huge amount of players and increase player activity on this server.

Hopefully, this server'll grow to be a great and populated server. Feel free to make remarks on this guide, because it was made
    by a player for the players.

Quik
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Getting more Players... Empty Re: Getting more Players...

Post  Freya Sun May 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Good job XD. There are many things I agree with... SUCH AS THE AMOUNT OF SWEARING THAT HAPPENS ON THE SERVER.
    Sadly, some people swear still and don't care... There is no language restriction or rules against swearing... certain Admins/GMs swear sometimes (not to offend them; just stating a truth).
    I also concur that some players are not very nice to new players. Too many negative comments around. People don't need to say "Your build sucks" or another hurtful/mean comments. Don't start it, and if another person said something stupid to you, DON'T GIVE A STUPID/BAD REPLY BACK. You both are at faults. Ignore, or tell them off with such class that they don't bother you/leave you alone.

When people are teaming in PvP, if you report it to a GM, REPORT IT NICELY. SERIOUSLY, not all GMs can watch over the PvP arena 24/7. Also, they deserve to have some respect, too. If people team, they get WARNINGS FIRST and not jailed or muted right off. Sometimes, teaming might be an accident. Anyways, just try to be nice about it, and don't team at all. Seriously, if this keeps happening, I suggest that the duel time delay should be reduced (to like 5 or 10 minutes; not an hour). It's too hard to monitor PvP all the time... and the PvP arena is for PvPing. PLayer versus player or PLAYERS versus PLAYERS. You'd never know. People can attack as soon as they get into the arena... and might hit someone who is already hit without knowing.

As for the forum activity, I agree there should be more interaction. However, forum games are not allowed... I wonder if that can be changed. We had quite some posts going (by certain people =D) in the old forum.

For GM activity... I do see there are less events, or maybe it's because we did too much before (XD). Also, some GMs are busy these days (nearing the end of the school year), but perhaps the number of events will change~ The GMs and Admins do try though ^^.

Hope this server can get more people~
    Raine
    Raine
    Angeling

Post  Raine Sun May 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Getting more Players... TifaBelieving
    Pfft. Usually the older players complain about the events only giving MC and eyes of hellion. Technically if I keep hosting to many events, then people get annoyed of the prizes right there. Then everytime I try to host an event, either players complain about how suckish that was or of course the prizes. I can't exactly change the prizes without the permission of Apple and if you say "But you're the event GM, you should do w/e you want" then technically that's also wrong seeing how the GvG Event blew up...though I didn't exactly host that event.
    Getting more Players... Tifa-dontlookbackGetting more Players... AngelTifa
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Post  Freya Sun May 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Yes, the GMs can't easily give new prizes as of now... and not a lot of players would join because they know the prizes are either mithril coins or eyes of hellion. Also, GMs can't give out things as they like... they have to obey the Admins.

Yes, the GvG event didn't go so well... I was the one who hosted it. Players aren't all that obedient, and seeing how it was my first big event and I got ridiculed by both players and Admins, it made me leave the GM team for good. Maybe that's also why the number of events decreased. The server should learn something about "being together and help/listen to one another." (Not directed to you but to other players XD.) People also complained how I was a GM and that I can do anything, but I can't. I got questioned for returning someone's things which I had screenshots, but I still had to tell the Admins (which is the right thing to do). Our actions are limited at times.

Nowadays, players don't appreciate the GMs or events as much which is another reason why there are less events (besides the busy scheduling). I was told by players that events are not necessary, and that they don't have to be daily. I laughed and got angry at that. Considering that some of them participate in events and want events.

Some of the players need to change their attitudes. Especially when the GMs and Admins are being nice about things as much as they can. I hope the server changes for the better. If not, you will see some people leave, which might include me for sure as I am preparing options to do so~

Hope people learn their lesson!
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Sun May 03, 2009 6:19 pm

@Freya and Raine: I agree completely with both of you. I was recently in an event (hosted by Raine of course Wink and I liked it. My reward was 25MC's, and I think that's a decent amount for an event. People just can't accept that they can't get everything they want by a GM. Anyways, I think Raine's doing a great job with hosting the events, because they're all fair and players are complaining less often. But in PvP, I was just walking around (as a novice lol) and let me tell you, the amount of people who chased around killing me came in massive mobs. Then when I went on my secret account, I got gangbanged again (luckily I took down one of them before I fell.) Otherwise I think that the server's growing great. I haven't seen too much swearing lately, and it seems that the players are becoming more friendly.

@Raine: The older members are ALWAYS the ones complaining. I saw a little nooblette asking for where the gold room was, and two players who were casually chatting didn't even answer the question. Even when the player came up to them and asked. So I went and helped the new player.

@Freya: Yeah I've seen some events. Lol when Raine was hosting, I've seen players actually RUN out of their boxes to Raine wouldn't notice them so they wouldn't get nuked...But they did.
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Post  Freya Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Good job with the helping =D.
    Well, hopefully things will remain good... and improve for the better XD.
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Mon May 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Lol thanks. Btw Freya nice avatar Wink
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Post  Freya Mon May 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks XD. I like the picture a lot, too =D!!!

I see less people on compared to before... The server reached 30 something before. Hopefully, the number will increase ^^.
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 pm

And now it seems more players joined right when the server went down 0.o
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Post  Freya Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Really? o-o... Yesterday, there weren't many on. Two were on at my time =D! I made up half of the population XD~
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Tue May 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Lol. Well, we're in need of players, and with a server down atm, we won't be getting much...
    Raine
    Raine
    Angeling

Post  Raine Tue May 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Getting more Players... Cloud-1Getting more Players... AngelTifa
    Pssht..Players will be coming...eventually... though I do wonder why the server is down..
    Getting more Players... Tifa17Getting more Players... TifaBelieving
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Yea same. I talked to Apple, and she said she has no idea. We're just awaiting Ruby to come home ...
    Raine
    Raine
    Angeling

Post  Raine Tue May 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Psht...Ruby was on all day yesterday.Ooh.. and Apple is a guy...xD
    Freya
    Freya
    Pori Pori

Post  Freya Tue May 05, 2009 6:54 pm

He is XD. I thought most people knew o-o! Or at least you, Shadow XD~
    Quikshadow
    Quikshadow
    Angeling

Post  Quikshadow Wed May 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Raine wrote:
    Psht...Ruby was on all day yesterday.Ooh.. and Apple is a guy...xD
    Lol that's good to know. I really didn't know that 0.o
    Haseo
    Poring

Getting more Players... Empty nice work

Post  Haseo Thu May 07, 2009 5:40 pm

o.O saw ur name in amaterasu. . u'v been there?

nwe. nice post. need more players in ruby ro =.='
    Sanza
    Sanza
    Poring

Post  Sanza Fri May 08, 2009 10:02 am

amm do u mean in the beginning APLLY or do u really mean APPLE o.o
    Theta
    Theta
    Poring

Post  Theta Sat May 09, 2009 8:45 am

It would be 'apply'. No reason for it to be Apple

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am